Little egg chicks
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 25mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ carrot, sliced thinly into rounds
- Chives or green peppercorns to decorate
- Place eggs into a pan of warm water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool in a large bowl of cold water. Once cooled, peel and shell.
- Using a sharp knife take a very thin slice of the bottom of each egg so they sit flat on a plate, then slice off the top third of each egg and carefully scoop out the yolks into a small bowl. Mix with a fork with the yogurt and mustard until smooth. Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture back into the egg whites.
- Add the egg ‘lids’ then add a beak made from a small triangle of carrot and eyes made from snipped chives. For the feet, cut the sliced carrot into triangles, then cut out smaller triangles from the rounded edge to make claws, and arrange these under the base of the egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: