Rosti nests with smoked salmon
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 30mins
Impress family and friends with this tasty meal. Delicious.
- 450g (1lb) old potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
- 175g (6oz) smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 50g (2oz) butter
- a dash of vinegar
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small bunch of watercress, to serve
- Place the whole peeled potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until a little tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, drain again and then coarsely grate them into a large bowl. Add the chives and plenty of salt and pepper. Chop half the salmon and stir into the potatoes.
- Heat half the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Divide the grated potato into four and add to the pan, two portions at a time. Shape the portions into rounds and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Fill a large frying pan with salted water, add the vinegar and bring to the boil. Poach the eggs in the simmering water for 3-5 minutes depending how you like your eggs cooked.
- To serve, divide the watercress between four serving plates, top with the rosti cakes, the remaining salmon and finally the poached egg. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: