Salad with poached eggs & chorizo
The family will love this tasty salad with an oozing poached egg on top.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- dash of vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 450g/1lb cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 225g/8oz chorizo sausages
- 225g/8oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 x 120g bag prepared salad leaves
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the vinegar and a good pinch of salt then reduce to a simmer. Carefully crack each of the eggs onto a saucer and tip gently into the simmering water. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until set. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, stirring until golden. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the onion, cook for 3 minutes, then add the chorizo and cook for a further 3 minutes or until crisp. Stir in the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and mustard and stir well. Transfer to the salad bowl, add the leaves and toss well.
- Divide the salad between four plates. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water, drain on kitchen paper then place an egg on top of each salad. Serve immediately with warm bread.