- 100g wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g spinach
- 2 British Lion eggs, separated
- 2 British Lion egg whites
- 60g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 80g hard cheese, grated
- 250g light soft cheese
- Clean the mushrooms and slice or break into smaller pieces. Fry them in olive oil for 5 minutes with the chopped flat leaf parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and some sea salt. Put the mushrooms into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the spinach into the frying pan and let it wilt, stirring for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool before mixing with two egg yolks, flour, grated hard cheese and 80g of soft cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk four egg whites with an electric whisk. Once the egg whites get stiff fold them into the spinach and cheese mixture with 2 tbsp of soured cream.
- Place a piece of foil into a brownie tin and spray with some of spray oil for easier removal after baking. Pour the eggy mix inside the tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180C.
- Take out of the oven and cool slightly before peeling off the foil.
- Mix the remaining soft cheese with the mushrooms and spread the mix over the baked omelette. Roll up carefully. Serve chilled and sliced.
Recipe courtesy of www.chezmaximka.blogspot.com