Veggy breakfast sizzle
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 3mins
- Cook: 7mins
A quick and easy breakfast recipe that's a real treat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 courgettes, chopped
- 150g/5oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toast to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium non stick frying pan, add the onions, courgettes, mushrooms and peppers and cook over a high heat for 4 mins, stirring until golden and soft. Stir in the basil leaves and some seasoning.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 mins until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season to taste and serve straight away with toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...