No pastry quiche
Love quiche but want to drop the carbs? Well, by majoring on the eggs instead of the pastry you can give it a healthy and protein-rich edge that tastes amazing and keeps you full and satisfied for hours afterwards. With delicately delicious Parma ham, flavoursome feta cheese, red onion and juicy cherry tomatoes, this is great for sharing at your next garden party or at a picnic in the sun.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, trimmed and chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 85g pack Parma ham, torn into pieces
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 5. Grease a 20cm oven-proof shallow dish in the oven on a baking tray whilst the oven heats up.
- Beat the eggs with the milk. Remove the hot dish from the oven, then add the onions, tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the ham and cheese, and then pour over the egg mixture. Season with black pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg just set and the top is golden. Serve warm with salad.