- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder
- 5ml/1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 60ml/4tbsp sunflower oil
- To decorate:
- 50g white or plain chocolate or half of each
- chocolate eggs to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Line a twelve hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mash the bananas on a plate; beat the eggs together with the oil. Tip into the dry ingredients and beat lightly.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool for 5 mins before cooling on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the muffins. Decorate with chocolate easter eggs if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: