Eggs and guacamole on toast
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 12mins
- Cook: 5mins
- A ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and cubed
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½-1tsp chilli powder (ancho is best), to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander, including stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- In a pestle and mortar pound the onion, chilli, garlic and coriander until it looks like a thick paste.
- Put the avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Break up the avocado with a whisk, adding the paste gradually. Season with salt and chilli powder.
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer then reduce the heat until the bubbling stops. Swirl the water gently then drop in the eggs one at a time. Poach the eggs gently for about four minutes then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Spread guacamole on the toast and top with the poached eggs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Hot Crossed Bacon and Egg Buns
A new twist on the classic hot cross bun.
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.