Little lemon tarts
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 20mins
These little lemon tarts might have an Easter theme but they taste delicious all year round.
- 250g ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- 30ml/6 tsp lemon curd
- 100g/4oz curd or full fat soft cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- zest of half a lemon
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- a little milk
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Unroll the pastry on a floured surface then use a 7.5cm/3in fluted round cutter to press out 12 circles of pastry. reserve the pastry scraps. Press the circles into the base of a 12 hole patty tin. Prick the bases lightly with a fork. Place half a teaspoon of lemon curd in the base of each tart.
- Place the cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and plain flour together in a large bowl and beat together until smooth. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases.
- Re-roll the remaining pastry scraps on a floured surface and cut into 1cm wide strips. Brush these with a little milk then place a cross of pastry on top of each tart. Brush with more milk. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the tops are golden brown. Leave to cool before serving. Once made these will keep fresh for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Hot cross buns
Hot cross buns - a classic Easter recipe you can now enjoy at any time.
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
Simnel apricot and pecan cake
An Easter tradition, Simnel cake has been made for hundreds of years.