Scrambled eggs on croissant
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
A tasty way to start the day or enjoy as a lunch with a difference.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 croissants
- 25g/1oz butter
- 4 slices of ham
- Beat the eggs and milk together with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Carefully cut the croissant in half horizontally. Place cut side up on the grill rack then toast under a hot grill for about 2 mins or until golden. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, add the eggs and cook over a low heat for 2-3 mins, stirring until the eggs are beginning to thicken and scramble. Continue to cook until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Arrange the croissants on four plates, top the base of each croissant with a slice of ham, then spoon over the eggs. Top with the croissant lid and serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make scrambled egg
It’s easy to make amazing scrambled eggs in as little as five minutes with only a handful of ingredients....
English breakfast tortilla
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.
Eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives
A recipe for eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives.
Pancakes with eggs, bacon, black pudding
Pancakes griddled with eggs, bacon & black pudding (332 calories per portion)