Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon recipe
- 100g/4oz fine oatmeal
- 2.5ml/ 1/2tsp salt
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 15g/ 1/2 oz butter
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp milk
- 100g/4oz Scottish smoked salmon
- chives to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the oatmeal, salt and soda in a large bowl. Stir in the oil and 30ml/2tbsp hot water and mix to a firm dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use a 7.5cm/3 in cutter to press out 8 rounds, re-rolling as necessary. Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and crisp.
- To scramble the eggs: melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins, stirring until the eggs are scrambled.
- Place two warm oatcakes on each plate, spoon over scrambled egg and serve with slices of smoked salmon. Decorate with chives if liked.