A Slimming World egg custard recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 45mins
- 3 British Lion eggs
- A tub of fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, add the yogurt, the sweetener and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into ovenproof ramekins. This amount of mixture makes two large portions or three medium sized portions.
- Sprinkle ground nutmeg over the top then place bowls into a Bain Marie. Place the ramekins with the egg custard in the Bain Marie so most of the sides of the ramekins are covered with water but the water doesn’t reach the top. Using a Bain Marie in this way prevents the eggs from ‘scrambling’ in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then carefully remove the Bain Marie from the oven, pour out the hot water and stand the egg custards on a wire rack until cooled.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes .
Raisin and cinnamon eggy bread
A delicious dessert that all the family will enjoy.
Hot cross buns with cherry & walnut
A variation of this classic Easter recipe, which will impress.