Smoked salmon and watercress eggy bread sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- soft butter to spread
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g smoked salmon slices
- handful of watercress leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- a little oil to fry
- Place the bread on a board and butter on one side. Spread the mustard on one slice of bread, arrange the salmon on the other slice, top with watercress and sandwich together.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper, then add the sandwich and leave to soak for a few minutes, turning until the egg has been soaked up by the bread.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the sandwich and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper, then cut in half to serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Cheese and ham eggy bread
Cheese & ham eggy bread recipe
Scrambled eggs on toasted wholemeal muffins
This simple dish makes an ideal post-exercise meal as it combines both carbohydrate (from muffins) and protein (from eggs),...
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.