Steph Houghton’s Blueberry and Lime Clafoutis
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 200g blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 75g + 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 150ml single cream
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 50g plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust and a little cream (optional)
- In a small pan, mix the milk, cream and vanilla and heat until almost boiling.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, then add the flour and mix again.
- Gradually pour the hot milk mixture onto the eggs and beat well.
- Leave to stand for at least 10 mins or longer if time allows.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/Fan 180°C. Lightly oil a 23cm/9in ovenproof dish.
- Mix the blueberries with 2 tbsp of the caster sugar and the lime zest and juice and scatter over the base of the dish.
- Pour the batter over the blueberries.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 30mins until the clafoutis is slightly risen and puffy.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with cream as desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter cake with orange & marzipan
This rich moist cake flavoured with almonds and orange makes a wonderful change to traditional Simnel cake. The eleven...
Simnel apricot and pecan cake
An Easter tradition, Simnel cake has been made for hundreds of years.
Lime and coconut crunchy biscuits
These delicious biscuits look great and taste even better