Steph Houghton’s Blueberry and Lime Clafoutis
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 200g blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 75g + 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 150ml single cream
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 50g plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust and a little cream (optional)
- In a small pan, mix the milk, cream and vanilla and heat until almost boiling.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, then add the flour and mix again.
- Gradually pour the hot milk mixture onto the eggs and beat well.
- Leave to stand for at least 10 mins or longer if time allows.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/Fan 180°C. Lightly oil a 23cm/9in ovenproof dish.
- Mix the blueberries with 2 tbsp of the caster sugar and the lime zest and juice and scatter over the base of the dish.
- Pour the batter over the blueberries.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 30mins until the clafoutis is slightly risen and puffy.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with cream as desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes.
Raisin and cinnamon eggy bread
A delicious dessert that all the family will enjoy.
Hot cross buns with cherry & walnut
A variation of this classic Easter recipe, which will impress.