Turkish scrambled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- Juice ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- For the sauce…
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dill, chopped
- 2 tsp mint, chopped
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g yogurt
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- Flatbread to serve (or make your own – see below)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add peppers, onions, paprika and oregano and cook for five minutes, until softened. Add tomatoes and cook until reduced down by half.
- Add eggs and cook over a low heat, stirring all the time until the eggs start to set. Add soured cream, lemon juice, season to taste and stir in the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce adding lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve with the scrambled eggs and warmed flatbread.
To make your own flatbread…
1. Mix together 200g of plain flour, 1 tbsp olive oil, 100ml water and a pinch of salt and knead the dough until smooth. Divide into 4 balls and roll into ovals, 3mm thick.
2. Heat a cast iron frying pan or griddle pan, cook flatbreads, one at a time, for about 1-2 minutes on each side until a deep golden colour. Brush with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with flaked salt.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Scrambled egg and black bean tacos
Scrambled egg and black bean tacos are perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Mackerel with broccoli and special scrambled eggs
Here’s something with sophistication – grab some white wine (for yourself and the recipe) and combine with juicy mackerel...