Springtime Lunch! Eggs with chorizo and asparagus
With the arrival of spring comes dining al fresco and lighter lunches on the menu, so this delicious recipe is ideal for the season. It is quick to make yet packed with flavour, without being too high in calories, so it’s perfect for those watching their weight without wanting to compromise on taste!
My personal favourite cooking method for eggs is poaching and I get great satisfaction from slicing through the white and watching the yolk ooze onto the fresh greens and spicy meat below. It is very pleasing to both the eye and taste buds. Asparagus is just coming into local supermarkets again now so it’s good timing to make the most of this delicious vegetable too.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 200g asparagus
- Black pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place the sausage onto an ovenproof tray and cook as instructed on the packaging (approx. 8 minutes)
- The asparagus can also go in the oven to roast for approx. 8 minutes (until soft and starting to brown) but this should go in a separate tray to the chorizo so it crispens nicely
- Poach the eggs – I generally boil just enough water to cover the eggs, add a drop of vinegar to the water and give it a swirl before adding them in for 3-4 minutes and removing with a slotted spoon
- Half the sausage lengthways and dice
- Arrange the asparagus and chorizo on your plate, place the eggs on top and grind some black pepper over the dish
As an Eggcentric Ambassador I will be sharing a selection of recipes throughout the year which are quick to prepare and feature eggs as the key ingredient. This is my second so far and I’m very much enjoying using British Lion eggs more frequently in my dishes at home for the Mini Mes, the Mr and I.
Looking for more exciting recipes to try? We have a whole bunch, so go ahead and check out our brilliant #EggCentric meal ideas.