Avocado and egg quesadilla with salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 wholemeal or multigrain wrap
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- A handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 25g smoked salmon slices
- 2 tbsp reduced fat soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Put the avocado in a bowl with the lime juice, roughly mash, then add the onions, seasoning and Tabasco to taste.
- Place the wrap on a nonstick baking tray. Heap the avocado on one side of the wrap, leaving a 1cm border clear at the edges. Make a divot in the avocado with the back of a spoon.
- Carefully crack the egg into the divot, then scatter over the tomatoes and spinach leaves. Season well. Brush the edge of the wrap with a little water, then fold he wrap over the filling and press the edges together to seal.
- Pop in the oven for 10 mins or until pale golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate, top with slices of smoked salmon and a dollop or two of soured cream. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: