Avocado and egg quesadilla with salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 wholemeal or multigrain wrap
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- A handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 25g smoked salmon slices
- 2 tbsp reduced fat soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Put the avocado in a bowl with the lime juice, roughly mash, then add the onions, seasoning and Tabasco to taste.
- Place the wrap on a nonstick baking tray. Heap the avocado on one side of the wrap, leaving a 1cm border clear at the edges. Make a divot in the avocado with the back of a spoon.
- Carefully crack the egg into the divot, then scatter over the tomatoes and spinach leaves. Season well. Brush the edge of the wrap with a little water, then fold he wrap over the filling and press the edges together to seal.
- Pop in the oven for 10 mins or until pale golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate, top with slices of smoked salmon and a dollop or two of soured cream. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and...