Avocado egg cups
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 18mins
Add a dash of experimentation to your culinary arsenal with this wonderfully inventive Avocado Egg Cups recipe. Experience the rich textures of the nutritious avocado colliding with a scrumptious eggy centrepiece. This fantastic combination is nestled into a tasty base made up of chorizo and watercress delightfully flavoured with coconut oil and vinegar. Needless to say, these Avocado Egg Cups really are a wholesome indulgence at its best.
- 1 avocado
- 2 British Lion eggs
- About 40g of cooking chorizo sausage, chopped into smallish chunks
- A bunch of watercress
- ½ tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the chorizo for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool in the oil.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Scoop a little extra flesh out to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado flesh for the watercress salad.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Bake the avocado halves in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is just cooked.
- Put the watercress in a bowl and add the chorizo and the excess avocado flesh. Also add the balsamic vinegar. Serve on a plate next to the baked avocado.
- Tip - Sprinkle a layer of raw rice in a small baking dish and stand the avocados in the rice so that they don’t tip over during cooking.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs and beans
This dish is inspired by a classic dish ‘eggs en cocotte’ - eggs baked in the oven with a...
Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
Gizzi says: "Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy. Enter...
Eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives
A recipe for eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives.
One pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare.