Avocado egg cups
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 18mins
Add a dash of experimentation to your culinary arsenal with this wonderfully inventive Avocado Egg Cups recipe. Experience the rich textures of the nutritious avocado colliding with a scrumptious eggy centrepiece. This fantastic combination is nestled into a tasty base made up of chorizo and watercress delightfully flavoured with coconut oil and vinegar. Needless to say, these Avocado Egg Cups really are a wholesome indulgence at its best.
- 1 avocado
- 2 British Lion eggs
- About 40g of cooking chorizo sausage, chopped into smallish chunks
- A bunch of watercress
- ½ tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the chorizo for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool in the oil.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Scoop a little extra flesh out to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado flesh for the watercress salad.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Bake the avocado halves in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is just cooked.
- Put the watercress in a bowl and add the chorizo and the excess avocado flesh. Also add the balsamic vinegar. Serve on a plate next to the baked avocado.
- Tip - Sprinkle a layer of raw rice in a small baking dish and stand the avocados in the rice so that they don’t tip over during cooking.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Little egg & ham pies
Serve hot for supper, warm for brunch, or at room temperature in a school lunch box or picnic hamper...
Eggs en cocotte
For British Egg Week 2011.
Baked egg pizza with portabella mushroom and cured ham
This delicious pizza recipe is bound to be a winner with the family.