Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 12mins
Gizzi says: "Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy. Enter my version, cooked in the oven using home-made chips and delicious ham. Remember to bake eggs at a low temperature, otherwise they will soufflé.
At less than 500 calories, it’s a brilliant way to enjoy comfort food without the guilty conscience. And it cooks in just 12 minutes."
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 slices of good quality carved ham from a deli or deli counter (from the bone)
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tin. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the paprika. Season and mix well to coat the potatoes. Roast for 12 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender.
- Halfway through nestle the ham and the tomatoes, cut-side up, amongst the potatoes. Make two spaces in the tin and crack an egg (Gizzi uses free range) into each one. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: