Gluten free Scotch eggs
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 35mins
Baked scotch eggs, gluten free and delicious.
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 6 gluten free sausages, any flavour
- 7 British Lion eggs
- Fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of lemon pepper
- Boil six of the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and plunge the eggs into iced water to stop them cooking. Once cooled enough to handle, peel the eggs and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Snip one end from each sausage and squeeze the contents of the sausage onto a plate. Take care to keep the sausages separate as one sausage will be enough to cover one egg. You could use skinless sausages, but you may struggle to find skinless gluten free sausages.
- Place an egg in the middle of the sausage meat and shape around the egg, cupping your hands to form a sphere. You should be able to cover 90% if not all of the egg in the sausage meat.
- Arrange the sausage-wrapped eggs on the baking tray so that they aren't touching. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and toast the slices of bread. Once the bread is toasted, tear it into manageable sized chunks and put it in a food processor along with some fresh parsley, salt and lemon pepper. Blitz the bread until the breadcrumbs are as coarse or fine as you like.
- Roll the sausage-wrapped eggs in the beaten egg then in the breadcrumbs and return to the baking tray. Cook for an additional 12 to 15 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve with a salad, fruit and other picnic accompaniments.
Recipe courtesy of anyonita-nibbles.co.uk
You may also like our classic Scotch egg recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
Egg caesar salad
This egg caesar salad brings a taste of summer to the dinner table - delicious.
A take on the classic full English breakfast
Everyone loves a Yorkshire pudding. This recipe makes 12 delicious Yorkshire puds and is a classic method which will...