- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- A quarter of a red pepper, deseeded
- A slug of olive oil
- Black pepper
- A small handful of basil, finely chopped
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Half a garlic clove
- 2 British Lion eggs
- Sourdough to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and chop the red pepper into small pieces and pop in an ovenproof frying pan.
3. Place on a medium heat, and while they are gently cooking - you are just taking the edge off - start prepping the rest of the ingredients.
4. Chop the basil.
5. Grate the cheese.
6. Mince the garlic clove.
7. Take the pan off the heat and stir in oil, black pepper, basil, cheese, garlic.
8. Make two dips in the tomato mix for the eggs.
9. Break the eggs into the dips and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes. But keep an eye on it, to make sure you get the yolks runny. Remove from oven, sprinkle bit more cheese, pepper and herbs on top. Serve with sourdough.
Recipe courtesy of Crumbs Food.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: