- Serves: 8
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Give your friends a treat with these scrumptious banoffee pancakes. For fabulous pancakes every time check out our guide on flipping to perfection.
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- a little oil for frying
- 4 bananas
- Toffee sauce
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl with half the milk. Whisk until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth. If you prefer place all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth, Pour the batter into a jug. The batter can be made in advance and chilled for up to 8 hours before use.
- Heat a 20cm/8in diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe it around with a piece of kitchen paper. Now pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base. Cook for 2 mins or until the top is set and the base golden. Turn the pancake over with a spatula or if you are feeling brave, flip the pancake!
- Cook for a further 1-2 mins or until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate and interleave with greaseproof paper, keep warm. Use the batter and a little more oil to make a further 7 pancakes in the same way. Serve simply with lemon and sugar or try them in one of the following recipe ideas.
- Fill the pancakes with sliced banana and spoon a little ready made toffee sauce over the bananas. Fold up to enclose the filling. Serve with cream and a drizzle more sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: