Orange, pecan & maple syrup pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
Pancakes with orange, pecan & maple syrup recipe
- 4 oranges
- 175g / 6oz plain flour
- 7.5ml / 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 5ml / 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60ml / 4tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 200ml / 7floz milk
- 75g / 3oz raisins
- a little oil for frying
- 50g / 2oz pecan nuts
- 60ml / 4tbsp maple syrup
- 5ml / 1tsp arrowroot
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Finely grate the rind of 1 orange into a large bowl. Sift over the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, stir in the sugar. Beat the eggs and milk into the dry ingredients to make a thick, smooth batter. Stir in the raisins. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan, brush with oil, then pour in two or three 30ml/2tbsp heaps of batter. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the base is golden. Flip over the pancakes and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the base is golden. Transfer to a clean tea towel, this keeps them warm. Repeat to make 12 pancakes.
- Use a zester to remove the peel from the remaining oranges. Cut away the skin and pith from the oranges, then cut the flesh into segments, place in a pan with any juices. Blend the arrowroot to a smooth paste with a little cold water then place in a pan with the pecans and maple syrup. Bring to the boil stirring until the sauce thickens. Serve the pancakes warm with the orange sauce and Greek yoghurt.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Give your friends a treat with these scrumptious banoffee pancakes. For fabulous pancakes every time check out our guide...