- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp Yakitori sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 raw king prawns, shelled
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, cut into quarters
- A handful of mange tout, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp tinned sweetcorn or thawed frozen corn
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 250g cooked rice
- To serve – fresh coriander, 2 chopped spring onions, lime wedges, chilli sauce
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the Yakitori sauce. Mix well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan. Add the chicken and prawns, cook for 3 minutes until cooked through then tip out onto a plate.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add a little more oil. Fry the mushrooms, mange tout and sweetcorn for 2 minutes. Beat one egg then pour it into the pan, keeping it moving so that it breaks up, before adding in the cooked rice. Stir everything together with the soy sauce. Add the chicken and prawns back to the pan. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and keep warm.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat. Add a little oil then fry the remaining eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Serve the cha han rice in bowls, topped with a fried egg then scatter with fresh coriander, spring onions, lime wedges and chilli sauce.
Cookware courtesy of www.pyrexuk.com