Croissants with creamy scrambled eggs and slow roasted rosemary tomatoes
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 60mins
- 2 croissants
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced into 2cm thick rounds
- 2 springs of rosemary, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 130 C/110 C fan. Place the tomato slices on a roasting tray lined with baking parchment.
2. Generously drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and chopped rosemary. Roast for an hour, or until the tomato slices soften.
3. Beat the British Lion eggs and double cream together in a bowl and season with salt.
4. Heat a medium heavy base frying pan. On a low heat, melt the butter. Add the eggs and cook until desired consistency is reached, constantly stirring with spatula.
5. Cut both croissants in half. Spoon the scrambled eggs over each bottom half and cover with tomato slices. Close with the croissant top and enjoy with a cup of tea!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and double cream scrambled eggs
A recipe for decadent scrambled eggs made with smoked salmon and double cream.
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.
Tom Daley’s Spinach, Egg and Chorizo Skillet
This spinach, egg and chorizo skillet is ideal if you’re looking for a protein packed breakfast or brunch dish...