Easy egg pizza
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 20mins
- ½ 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 medium khobez wraps (or thin flatbreads)
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tsp fennel seed, crushed, optional
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 300g frozen leaf spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 60g medium or mature Cheddar, grated
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C (Fan)/gas mark 5 and place a large baking tray inside to heat up. In a large frying pan, heat the tomatoes over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until reduced by half. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean your pan.
2. Return the pan to the heat, add oil and onion and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until golden. Add fennel seed and chilli, cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach to the pan and heat through.
3. Spread wraps / flatbreads with tomatoes, scatter over the spinach mixture and half of the cheese, making a small circular ridge (to crack egg into).
4. Remove the tray from oven and add the wraps / flatbreads. Crack eggs into each of the circular topping holes and scatter with the remaining cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: