Filo eggs nests
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- Sunflower or olive oil spray
- 3 x 45g sheets filo pastry
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful basil leaves, torn, plus extra, to serve
- Pinch chilli flakes, optional
- Heat oven to Mark 5/190C. Place onions on a small baking tray and spray with oil. Cook for 10 mins.
- Place eggs in a pan of warm water, bring to the boil and cook for 4 mins. Drain and place in cold water. Once cooled, peel and shell.
- Meanwhile, cut each sheet of filo into 8 squares and spray with oil. Make 8 stacks of filo each containing 3 squares, offsetting the corners of each square slightly. Place into an oiled muffin tin and lightly scrunch the edges above the top of the tin. Bake for 15 mins until deep golden. Add tomatoes to the onions and stir, then season.
- Cook for 12-15 mins until soft. Stir through the basil.
- To serve, fill each pastry case with the roasted onions and tomatoes, add an egg and garnish with extra basil.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.
Easter chocolate torte
A decadent Easter treat that could also be served as a dessert when entertaining.
Beetroot Steeped Wasabi Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time)