Egg bagel doughnut
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 200g reduced fat hummus (optional)
- Ras el hanout seasoning, to taste
- 2 radishes
- ¼ each red and yellow pepper
- ½ small carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 bagels, halved and toasted
- Place eggs in a pan of warm water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Drain and cool in a large bowl of cold water. Once cooled, peel and shell.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl, using a butter knife or fork, finely chop or crush the eggs until quite fine. Add hummus (optional) and a good pinch of ras el hanout, to taste. Mix well.
- Finely chop radishes, peppers and carrot, then mix with chives to make ‘rainbow sprinkles’.
- Toast bagels until golden, spread each half with the egg mixture and top with the sprinkles.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.