- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 12mins
This flamenco eggs recipe has 242 calories per portion
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 100g/4oz mushrooms, wiped and finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. In a large frying pan heat the olive oil, add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft but not brown.
- Add the pepper to the pan and fry for a further 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley and seasoning and continue cooking until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and remove the frying pan from the heat. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Using the back of a spoon make 4 small depressions in the vegetable mixture.
- Break a Lion egg into each depression, place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Serve hot with bread.
Cook's tip: Save time by replacing the plum tomatoes with a well drained can of chopped tomatoes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs and spinach with salsa
Bake these in individual ramekins for a perfect starter when entertaining your vegetarian friends.
Low calorie baked eggs with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
This high-protein dish is an excellent way of getting at least 2 of an athlete’s 5 a day fruit...
Baked eggs with courgettes & tomatoes
212 calories per portion
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that!...