Gizzi Erskine's old school frisée, bacon and egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 7mins
Gizzi says: "At the height of summer the last thing you want to do is lots of complicated cooking. I’m big on picnics and love to bring a good salad to the park. My seven minute bacon and egg salad is equally tasty hot or cold, and if you don’t want to go down the picnic route it works brilliantly as a light lunch on a hot day."
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 100g frisée leaves
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon capers in vinegar, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Pop in the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) and cook for six minutes. When there is four minutes to go, add the green beans. When the cooking time is up, drain everything together in a colander, then cool under cold water.
- While everything boils, heat the grill to high. Grill the bacon for about five to six minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden. Snip into bite-size pieces. Shake up all the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning in an old jam jar.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. They should still be gooey in the centre. Toss the beans, bacon and frisée with most of the dressing. Scatter the eggs on top, drizzle the rest of the dressing over the eggs then tuck in.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Gizzi Erskine's Keralan egg curry
Lovers of authentic Indian cuisine will know that curries can take some time to prepare – well, with Gizzi...