Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 4mins
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is to drop your eggs into boiling water and set the timer on four minutes, 15 seconds. It sounds silly but it gives perfect results every time!"
- 16-20 asparagus spears
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- white truffle infused olive oil to drizzle (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to serve
- a shaving of Parmesan cheese
- Cook the asparagus in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. At the same time, cook the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Put each egg in an egg cup on a plate. Drain the asparagus and divide between plates, drizzle with truffle oil, seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
See the how-to guide to perfect boiled eggs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's cheat's croque madame
Gizzi says: "For a continental twist on lunch try a croque madame and transport yourself to Paris in the...
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Gizzi Erskine's Turkish eggs with toast
A fantastic brunch dish by Gizzi Erskine