Mark Sargeant's fresh crab omelette
Try this seafood delight with great, fresh flavours. A simple and delicious protein-filled recipe complete with the soft, delicate, sweet taste of fresh crab combined with the mild and warm taste of dill.
- Small knob butter
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown crab meat (prawns work too)
- 4 tbsp white crab meat (prawns work too)
- Green salad to serve (optional)
- Whisk the eggs, seasoning, herbs and brown crab meat (or prawns, if using) in a small bowl, then melt a small amount of butter in a large, flat, non-stick pan.
- Place over a medium-hot heat and when the pan is hot pour in the egg mixture and swill around the pan using a spatula to lightly scramble the eggs, so that the cooked egg comes to the top. Swirl again so you have a large, even, circle shape, filling the gaps in the pan with the uncooked egg. Loosen the edges of the omelette with the spatula.
- Scatter the fresh white crab meat or prawns over the egg and when the egg is almost cooked and the underside is very lightly golden, fold the omelette in the pan then slip onto a warm plate and scatter with any remaining herbs. Serve with a fresh green salad.