Smoked salmon and pea frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
A delicious smoked salmon and pea frittata recipe.
- 1 pack (100g) of smoked salmon trimmings, roughly chopped
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup (100g) of frozen peas, defrosted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve (optional)
- For the salad:
- 1 bag (140g) of rocket, spinach and watercress leaves
- For the dressing:
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper and some grated parmesan.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof sauté or frying pan. Sauté the spring onions ((use a small amount of oil in a shallow pan and fry over a relatively high heat) for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the salmon trimmings to warm through and take on some extra flavour, along with the peas.
- Then, pour in the egg mix and cook, jiggling occasionally and moving the mixture around in the pan, until the bottom of the frittata is set and golden brown.
- Pop the frittata under the grill to finish cooking the top, for about 3-5 minutes. Finish with freshly grated parmesan if wanted.
- For the salad, mix the dressing ingredients together and toss with the leaves. To serve, tip the frittata on to a large plate and top with the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Click here to watch Mark cooking this super-speedy and tasty recipe.