Pesto egg and ham Danish pastry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A quick and easy pastry recipe with eggs and ham
- 1 (375g) pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham or prosciutto
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 8. Unroll the pastry and cut into four. Place on a large baking tray. Brush each with beaten egg then spread the pesto sauce in the centre of each. Top with the Parma ham.
- Gather the edges of the pastry together, pinching it together so that it forms a pastry shell. Brush more beaten egg on the outside of the pastry shells.
- Carefully crack an egg into the centre of each and scatter the parmesan on top. Bake in the hot oven for 10 mins or until the pastry is golden and the egg set. Serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
This flamenco eggs recipe has 242 calories per portion
Avocado and chilli huevos rancheros
A fantastic hearty recipe that’s perfect for sharing, this Mexican dish packs together thick tomato sauce, fried eggs, diced...