- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
A spectacular dessert, delicious any time of the year.
- 1 (250g) carton frozen raspberries, thawed
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry conserve
- 4 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 25g/1oz butter
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the grill to medium. Sprinkle half the sugar over half the raspberries and lightly mash. Mix remaining raspberries with the conserve and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the remaining sugar. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl, until they are glossy and form stiff peaks. Stir the mashed raspberries and a third of the egg whites into the egg yolks, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Melt half the butter in a small frying pan. Pour in half the omelette mixture and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins or until the base is set and pale golden. Pop the pan under the grill and cook for a further 2 mins or until the top is pale golden.
- Quickly spoon half the raspberry conserve mixture over one half of the omelette. Fold over and serve immediately dusted with icing sugar. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Double chocolate mousse
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...
Honey and raspberry pancakes
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.