Spanish style tortillas
Delicious tortilla recipe, quick and easy to cook.
- 6tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp jalapeno chillies, drained
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- fresh coriander to serve
- Heat 2tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 mins or until soft. Add the tomatoes and sauté for a further 3-4 mins or until soft. Season and stir in the jalapenos. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm
- Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining oil, gently crack the eggs into the hot fat and cook for 2-3mins, depending how you like your eggs. Use a teaspoon to spoon a little hot oil over the egg yolks during cooking.
- Warm the flour tortillas according to packet instructions, divide the tomato mixture between them then top each with a fried egg. Scatter over fresh coriander and serve.