Spanish style tortillas
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Delicious tortilla recipe, quick and easy to cook.
- 6tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp jalapeno chillies, drained
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- fresh coriander to serve
- Heat 2tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 mins or until soft. Add the tomatoes and sauté for a further 3-4 mins or until soft. Season and stir in the jalapenos. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm
- Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining oil, gently crack the eggs into the hot fat and cook for 2-3mins, depending how you like your eggs. Use a teaspoon to spoon a little hot oil over the egg yolks during cooking.
- Warm the flour tortillas according to packet instructions, divide the tomato mixture between them then top each with a fried egg. Scatter over fresh coriander and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tomato crostini with fried egg
This easy post-exercise meal is a good way of getting carbohydrate, protein, fibre and vitamins all in one. The...
Egg in a toast with tomato and feta
A runny egg in crispy toast will be your new favorite thing in the mornings! Chop up some tomatoes...
Bacon and egg quesadillas
The family is sure to enjoy these easy Mexican quesadillas as an alternative to a traditional English breakfast
Spiced Pumpkin loaf topped with Eggs & Avocado
This pumpkin loaf is a cracking autumnal breakfast option. Toast the slices and serve with sliced avocado and a...