Steph Houghton’s Shakshuka
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 (400g) can cherry or chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and peppers and fry over a high heat until soft and golden. Reduce the heat and add the garlic paprika, cumin and chilli. Stir well and cook for 30 seconds to release the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, then simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- Reduce the heat and make wells in the mixture, crack an egg into each.
- Simmer over a medium heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with warm pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...