Superfood egg salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 16mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 pomegranate
- 120g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 tablespoons of cooked quinoa
- Handful of soya beans
- 80g beansprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp of wasabi paste
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- To cook the quinoa, put a pan on the stove and pour in half a pint of water. Add ¼ pint of dry uncooked quinoa. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for about 12-15 minutes. Drain away any water and allow to cool on a tray. Take the 3 tablespoons needed for above recipe (use the rest as you would rice or couscous). Put the cooled, cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Cook the broccoli for 90 seconds in boiling water then cool it down in cold water. Chop each piece into 3 lengths.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds. Separate away any membrane and place the seeds in the bowl with the quinoa.
- Add the soya beans, pumpkin seeds, the prepared broccoli and the beansprouts to the bowl.
- Peel and dice the avocado and add this to the bowl too.
- Separately whisk up the wasabi, lime juice and olive oil and pour this over the salad and mix well.
- Fill a frying pan with 5cm depth water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs onto a saucer and then tip them gently into the water. Reduce the heat so the water is just simmering and poach for 3 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Divide the salad between four bowls and top each with a warm poached egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Perfect poached eggs
The homemade corned beef hash in this recipe is a great base for your perfect poached eggs to sit...
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...