Superfood egg salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 16mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 pomegranate
- 120g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 tablespoons of cooked quinoa
- Handful of soya beans
- 80g beansprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp of wasabi paste
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- To cook the quinoa, put a pan on the stove and pour in half a pint of water. Add ¼ pint of dry uncooked quinoa. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for about 12-15 minutes. Drain away any water and allow to cool on a tray. Take the 3 tablespoons needed for above recipe (use the rest as you would rice or couscous). Put the cooled, cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Cook the broccoli for 90 seconds in boiling water then cool it down in cold water. Chop each piece into 3 lengths.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds. Separate away any membrane and place the seeds in the bowl with the quinoa.
- Add the soya beans, pumpkin seeds, the prepared broccoli and the beansprouts to the bowl.
- Peel and dice the avocado and add this to the bowl too.
- Separately whisk up the wasabi, lime juice and olive oil and pour this over the salad and mix well.
- Fill a frying pan with 5cm depth water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs onto a saucer and then tip them gently into the water. Reduce the heat so the water is just simmering and poach for 3 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Divide the salad between four bowls and top each with a warm poached egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Perfect poached eggs
The homemade corned beef hash in this recipe is a great base for your perfect poached eggs to sit...
Poached eggs in red wine with smoked bacon and onions
Colourful and delicious, this recipe is perfect for entertaining.