Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 35mins
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can do this the day before if you prefer, ready to serve for breakfast the next day.
- 450g/1lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bagels, split
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- handful of wild rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C/Fan 130C/Gas Mark 2. Place the tomatoes cut side up on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and season. Bake for 35-40mins or until the tomatoes have shrivelled and dried a little.
- Fill a large frying pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Carefully crack the eggs into the simmering water then reduce the heat and cook for 3-5 mins depending how you like your eggs cooked. Lift the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon; drain on kitchen paper. Meanwhile, toast the bagels under a hot grill.
- To serve, place the bagels on four plates, top each with the tomatoes, a handful of rocket and a poached egg. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
New York Eggs Benedict
This is a quick and easy version of Eggs Benedict, which contains only 284 calories per portion.
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...