Tiganites - Greek pancakes
- Serves: 16
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This Greek-inspired classic recipe is the perfect start to the day.
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 45ml/3tbsp Greek honey
- 150ml/1/4pt Greek yogurt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 100m/4floz water
- olive oil for frying
- Greek yogurt, honey and walnuts to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the honey, yogurt and eggs and beat well until a thick, smooth batter forms. Add the water and beat again until you have a batter the consistency of thin cream
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Add three or four spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 6-8mins, turning over once until the pancakes are golden brown
- Transfer to a clean teatowel, fold over to keep the pancakes warm. Repeat until you have made about 15 more pancakes in the same way.
- Serve the pancakes warm with toasted walnuts, Greek yogurt and honey drizzled over
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Thyme pancakes filled with caramelised onion chutney and goats cheese
A delicious recipe for Pancake Day or any other day of the year!
Bacon and Somerset brie pancakes
Try these bacon and Somerset brie pancakes as a delicious savoury alternative to traditional sugar and lemon. Nutrition (per...