Tiganites - Greek pancakes
- Serves: 16
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This Greek-inspired classic recipe is the perfect start to the day.
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 45ml/3tbsp Greek honey
- 150ml/1/4pt Greek yogurt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 100m/4floz water
- olive oil for frying
- Greek yogurt, honey and walnuts to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the honey, yogurt and eggs and beat well until a thick, smooth batter forms. Add the water and beat again until you have a batter the consistency of thin cream
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Add three or four spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 6-8mins, turning over once until the pancakes are golden brown
- Transfer to a clean teatowel, fold over to keep the pancakes warm. Repeat until you have made about 15 more pancakes in the same way.
- Serve the pancakes warm with toasted walnuts, Greek yogurt and honey drizzled over
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Irish boxty pancakes
A traditional Irish recipe that's fantastically filling