Tom Daley's Beetroot, Kale and Goat's Cheese Quiche
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 55mins
This quiche is perfect if you’re having friends or family round for dinner – it’s bright colours and indulgent flavours are so impressive! The leftovers also make the perfect lunch dish for the next day.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 1 x ready-made pastry tart case (around 23cm in diameter)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150g curly kale, tough stems removed
- 150ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 275g cooked beetroot, larger ones sliced in half
- 75g goat’s cheese, cut into rounds
- small handful of dill, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, until softened.
3. Bring a medium saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the kale and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain well, rinse under cold water to cool, then squeeze out any excess moisture. Set aside.
4. In a large jug, whisk together the eggs, milk, double cream along with some seasoning.
5. Place the tart onto a baking tray. Spoon the onions and kale into the base of the pastry case and carefully pour the cream mixture into the case. Add the beetroot, goat cheese and dill. Place the tart into the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, until set and golden. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Cherry tomato quiche
This quiche makes a great party dish or a tapper ware lunch. It’s cheesy, it’s herby and wonderfully mild...
Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.
Spicy roast vegetables and lentils with boiled egg
This dish takes almost no time to prepare! You can save the leftovers for the next day, as it...