Tom Daley’s stress-free sabayon
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 60g caster sugar
- 120ml marsala
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g strawberries, quartered
- 225g raspberries
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 6 almond biscuits (such as Jules Destrooper)
- A pinch of sugar
- Mix the berries together with a pinch of sugar and the rosewater and set aside to macerate.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar for a couple of minutes until pale and fluffy. Mix in the marsala and vanilla bean paste bit by bit then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water otherwise you will get scrambled eggs!) and whisk for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is warm, pale, thick and mousse-like.
- Divide the berries between 4 glass bowls and pour the sabayon sauce over the berries and top with the almond biscuit. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange and lemon soufflés
Impress family and friends with this delicious soufflé recipe at 302 calories per portion
Easter bunny biscuits
188 calories per portion These Easter luxury biscuits are perfect to make for or with children, and they'll love...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...