Tuna and egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
A delicious salad that's perfect all year round.
- 250g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- A spritz of olive oil spray
- 150g Yellowfin tuna steak
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 50g watercress
- 1 marinated red pepper, cut into strips
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g black olives
- 1tbsp capers
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 15-20min. Add the green beans for the last 2min of cooking time. Drain well. Tip into a large salad bowl.
- Spritz a little olive spray in a non-stick pan and fry the tuna on each side for 2min until medium rare. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6min. Peel and quarter. Add to the bowl with the watercress, pepper, tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Slice the tuna and lay on top of the salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season well and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
Annabel Karmel's bagel snake
This is a fun way of serving bagels and you can make the snake as long as you like...
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.