Tuna and egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
A delicious salad that's perfect all year round.
- 250g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- A spritz of olive oil spray
- 150g Yellowfin tuna steak
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 50g watercress
- 1 marinated red pepper, cut into strips
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g black olives
- 1tbsp capers
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 15-20min. Add the green beans for the last 2min of cooking time. Drain well. Tip into a large salad bowl.
- Spritz a little olive spray in a non-stick pan and fry the tuna on each side for 2min until medium rare. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6min. Peel and quarter. Add to the bowl with the watercress, pepper, tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Slice the tuna and lay on top of the salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season well and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Garlic & mushroom bruschetta
Quick and easy to prepare this brushetta recipe makes an excellent starter when you're entertaining.
Home made Scotch eggs are easier to make than you think and bound to be popular with the family.