Warm eggy bread & berries
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 3mins
A delicious desser perfect when British berries are in season.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 100ml/4floz milk
- 3 (1cm) thick slices brioche bread
- knob of butter
- 50g/2oz mixed fresh berries
- golden caster sugar to dust
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Beat the eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl. Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture, leave to soak for about 10 seconds on each side.
- Add the butter to the hot pan then add the egg dipped bread and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 mins, turning once until the bread is golden on both sides. Remove with a spatula.
- Diagonally slice the bread. Place 3 slices on each plate, scatter over the berries and sugar. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Marcus Wareing's baked egg custard tart
Recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Marcus Wareing, for British Egg Week 2011.
Sweet cherry frittata
This delicious dessert which is sure to go down well at home.
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...