Warm eggy bread & berries
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 3mins
A delicious desser perfect when British berries are in season.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 100ml/4floz milk
- 3 (1cm) thick slices brioche bread
- knob of butter
- 50g/2oz mixed fresh berries
- golden caster sugar to dust
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Beat the eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl. Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture, leave to soak for about 10 seconds on each side.
- Add the butter to the hot pan then add the egg dipped bread and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 mins, turning once until the bread is golden on both sides. Remove with a spatula.
- Diagonally slice the bread. Place 3 slices on each plate, scatter over the berries and sugar. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: