Caramelised pear and salted pecan filled pancakes with hot chocolate sauce
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 12mins
- Cook: 25mins
- For the pancakes...
- 125g plain flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 375ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- For the filling...
- 25g butter
- 50g pecans
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 100g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 tbsp milk
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Ice cream, to serve
- For the pancakes: sift the flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add eggs with half the milk. Whisk until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and oil and whisk again until smooth. Pour the batter into a jug. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium (20cm) frying pan over a medium heat and brush with oil. Pour in about 5 tbsp pancake batter and swirl to coat the base. Cook for about a minute until deep golden, flip or turn and cook for a further 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total.
- Melt about a third of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, add pecans and cook over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes, add 1 tbsp of sugar and the salt and toss to coat. Cook for a further minute before transferring to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean and return to the heat. Add the remaining butter and pears and fry for 4-5 minutes until deep golden, add remaining sugar, toss and cook for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, milk and vanilla together until smooth.
- Spoon the pears and pecans into the pancakes, drizzle with the hot chocolate sauce and serve with ice cream.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: