Chicken and avocado cobb salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 0mins
- For the salad:
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Hard-boiled British Lion eggs
- Grilled bacon
- Cooked chicken
- For the dressing:
- 1 part red wine vinegar
- 3 parts olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the lettuce and spread it over a platter or bowl with the watercress.
- Cut the eggs, bacon, chicken, avocado and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Arrange on top of the salad leaves.
- Snip some chives and sprinkle over the top of the salad.
- To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar and oil and season to your taste with the other ingredients.
- Serve the dressing on the side, or pour over the salad at the last moment before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Purple Pumpkin blog.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)....
Home made Scotch eggs are easier to make than you think and bound to be popular with the family.
Easy gado gado salad
Recipe from Take a Box of Eggs, www.dairydiary.co.uk.