Chorizo potato and pepper tortilla
This is a great way of using leftovers - cooked potatoes, carrots, sliced cooked sausages or chicken would all work well. Just reheat in a round dish on HIGH for 2 mins before pouring in the egg and cook as instructed.
- 225g/8oz medium new potatoes, washed
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g/2oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g/1oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place in a micro-proof bowl. Add a splash of water, cover the bowl with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 6 mins, stirring once, until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Slice the potatoes.
- Place the pepper and oil in a micro-proof 20cm/8in wide shallow dish. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 2 mins. Stir in the potatoes and chorizo.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour over the hot vegetables. Stir well. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2 mins. Leave to stand for 3 mins. Scatter over the cheese and cook on HIGH for 1 min until the cheese has melted or if liked brown under a hot grill. Remove from the dish and cut into wedges. Serve warm or cold.