Chorizo potato and pepper tortilla
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 12mins
This is a great way of using leftovers - cooked potatoes, carrots, sliced cooked sausages or chicken would all work well. Just reheat in a round dish on HIGH for 2 mins before pouring in the egg and cook as instructed.
- 225g/8oz medium new potatoes, washed
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g/2oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g/1oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place in a micro-proof bowl. Add a splash of water, cover the bowl with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 6 mins, stirring once, until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Slice the potatoes.
- Place the pepper and oil in a micro-proof 20cm/8in wide shallow dish. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 2 mins. Stir in the potatoes and chorizo.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour over the hot vegetables. Stir well. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2 mins. Leave to stand for 3 mins. Scatter over the cheese and cook on HIGH for 1 min until the cheese has melted or if liked brown under a hot grill. Remove from the dish and cut into wedges. Serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Try cooking a classic omelette in the microwave - it'll take less than five minutes.
Low calorie cherry tomato and parmesan frittata
This two-egg dish is rich in protein so helps repair and build muscle after intense exercise. It also includes...
Micro recipe - tuna omelette
To vary the filling:Try frozen peas or sliced courgette instead of broccoli, or chopped ham instead of tuna. Canned...
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.