Pepper and courgette frittata
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
- 1 medium courgette, trimmed
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g/1oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Chop the courgette and pepper into small, even squares. Place in a micro-proof dish and add the oil, herbs and seasoning. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 3 mins.
- Beat the eggs together with 30ml/2tbsp water. Stir the vegetables, then add the eggs, cover with an upturned micro-proof plate and cook on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2 mins. Leave to stand for 3 mins. Scatter over the cheese and microwave on HIGH for 1 min until the cheese is melted or, if liked, brown under a hot grill. Remove from the dish and cut into squares. Serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Try cooking a classic omelette in the microwave - it'll take less than five minutes.