- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 25g bag of good quality lightly salted crisps
- 1 small onion
- 200g chorizo sausage
- 50g green pitted olives
- Olive oil for frying
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- Pinch black pepper
- For the garlic mayonnaise (optional):
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 British Lion egg yolks
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 drop lemon juice
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Slice the onion thinly and fry in a non-sticking pan with a bit of olive oil over a high heat until lightly golden brown.
- Add the chopped chorizo and cook for a further 2 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Mix the crisps in a bowl with the onion, chorizo, eggs and olives, and season with a pinch of black pepper. Leave the mix soaking for 10 minutes so that the crisps soak up all the egg.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil into the pan and pour the egg mix into the pan and lower the heat to a minimum. Gently cook the tortilla for a few minutes or until set on the bottom but still with some wet egg on top.
- Finish cooking under a hot grill for about 3-5 minutes - the top should have a lightly golden colour.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic mayonnaise if using: place the peeled garlic, egg yolks, salt, a few drops of lemon in a blender and mix. Slowly add the oil in a thin and long drizzle so it has a thick creamy texture. Serve with the warm tortilla.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and pea frittata
A delicious smoked salmon and pea frittata recipe.
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."