Curried scrambled eggs with spinach and smoked haddock
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
A quick and tasty recipe - ideal for a lunch for two - by Sophie Wright.
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 200g baby spinach, washed
- 200g smoked haddock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- Fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 lime wedges
- Half fill a shallow sauce pan with water and place onto a medium heat. Add the smoked haddock (we've used dyed haddock but you can use undyed for equally delicious results!) and bay leaves and bring to a simmer before turning off the heat. Leave for 4 minutes or until the fish has turned opaque. Remove the fish from the water using a slotted spoon, flake the flesh from the skin and break into large pieces. Leave to one side.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the mustard seeds, allow them to toast and cook until they start to pop - this will release the flavour from the seeds. Turn down the heat, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes. Don’t allow the garlic to burn as this will make the final dish bitter. Add the curry powder and a pinch of salt. Cook for another minute before adding the spinach. Stir well and allow the spinach to wilt. Season generously with black pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Once the spinach has completely wilted, turn up the heat and pour in the beaten eggs. Stir with a plastic spatula until the eggs are well scrambled.
- Just before serving, fold in the cooked smoked haddock. Don’t allow the flakes to break up too much.
- When ready to serve, tip the curried eggs onto a big serving platter. Scatter with the fresh red chilli, lots of coriander leaves and a wedge of lime each.
Sophie says: This is a perfect carb-free meal! Incredibly tasty, quick to prepare, cheap to buy and above all else...healthy!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Annabel Karmel's scrambled egg and tomato salsa wrap
Makes a delicious quick meal, fun to cook with the kids.